I literally cannot believe it’s November. Thanksgiving month! This semester has felt like it’s been dragging itself out for years, and yet somehow, it’s almost time for Christmas…
One of my favorite things about blogging is sharing with you things I’m loving right now. I thought, for the day-after-Halloween blues, what better way to liven things up?
1. Kashi Heart to Heart Warm Cinnamon cereal topped with still-green banana slices. I’m one of those people who buys the “now and later” bananas (some green and some yellow-ish) and eats them all in the “now” phase. My family makes fun of me, and my mom tells people that I eat bananas while they’re still “crunchy.” For me, this is already too ripe.
2. Pumpkin ev-er-y-thing. I’m not proud of stuffing my face with a pumpkin doughnut from Sheetz last Sunday, but it was damn good. I’ve been burning my B&BW Pumpkin Cupcake candle, using my Halloween-themed hand sanitizers, and soaking up every pumpkin-flavored and -scented item possible. Can’t. Get. Enough.
3. Ugg season. All I ever think about is how warm and toasty my tootsies are on the windy commute to class… and then I remember that I’m roasting for 2-1/2 hours inside. Knit boots were not made for sedentary indoor use.
4. There are 34 days and counting down until the end of the semester. I will have earned just over half of my Master’s degree! Doesn’t that sound seasoned? 😉
5. The abundance of scary movies that have been on TV as of late. I know they’re corny, but some of my favorites are Urban Legend, Final Destination, Paranormal Activity (1 and 3), and Disturbia. Of course, there’s Halloween (Jamie Lee is the original Scream Queen) and Friday the 13th and Psycho, but I’m not as much into the classics. I just get beyond excited when I see that a different scary movie is being featured on each of 5 or 6 channels 😉
6. My old faithful VHS tapes. Laugh all you want; I have some of my favorites on tape, and I shout it from the mountaintops loud and proud that I watch them in bed on my 13-inch VHS-inclusive TV that I bought the summer after 7th grade with baby-sitting money. It’s a monster to lug around, but I will cry real tears when that thing finally bites the dust.
And lastly, my Halloween costume, which I’ll finally get to wear tomorrow!! I’m absolutely bursting with excitement to show you, but I’m forcing myself to wait until I have party pictures to post. Ian and I will be attending his fraternity’s annual “Freak & Geek” party as alumni. We are both taking a well-deserved weekend away from schoolwork.
I hope you have a fabulous Thursday! The weekend is right around the corner!